Expo Zaragoza 2008
The Exhibition will be known by the title "International Exposition Zaragoza Spain 2008: Water and Sustainable Development"
- The exhibition will take place between saturday, june 14 and suturday september 13, duriong three months, the maximiun authorized by BIE.
- The hourly will be every day between 9 and 21, 12 hours straight, beginning at that time the night Expo, which runs until 3 a.m.
- In 2008
- 2008 marks the centennial celebration of the Hispanic-French Exhibition of Zaragoza 1908, which is a good reason for hosting again Zaragoza an international exhibition.
- This idea quickly permeated the Aragonese society, creating in June 2000, the Consortium Pro Expo Zaragoza 2008 - involved in the Diputación General de Aragón, the Zaragoza City Council, the Parliament of Aragon and the Provincial de Zaragoza. In December this year, the Embassy of Spain submitted a Declaration of Intent of the Government of Spain to organize the presentation to the Assembly of the BIE.
The theme, "Water and Sustainable Development", is vital now and for future generations. The exhibition will serve as a sharing of experiences, problems and solutions between the participants and visitors.
- Water is life, is a major raw material, energy, is a road link between towns and regions, is the seed of civilization and culture source. It is above all a symbol, a symbol of a great many things, necessary and universal. Concern over water is a recurring theme in many institutions.
- The year 2003 was declared the International Year of Freshwater by UNESCO, the United Nations has declared the period 2005-2015 the International Decade "Water for Life". Among the international organizations that have expressed interest in water issues include, among others, the World Water Council, the IWRA and the International Water Association.
- The issue is framed, also in the line of exhibitions organized by the BIE, as the Aichi 2005 "Nature's Wisdom" or Shanghai 2010 "Better City, Better Life"